WHY COME TO CROATIA?
- Population of 4 284 889 people
- 10 universities (8 public and 2 private)
- 15 polytechnics (11 public and 4 private)
- 25 schools of professional higher education (3 public, 22 private)
- a member of the Bologna Process
- 157 666 students in the academic year 2015/2016
- University of Zadar, University of Zagreb and University of Rijeka are three of five biggest universities in Croatia
- University of Zadar has 25 university departments and around 6.000 students
- University of Zagreb has more than 70.000 students, which is 50% of all the enrolled students in Croatia
- University of Rijeka has over 15.000 students
- Average TOEFL score in Croatia is 90, which puts us in the top 25 countries in the world
NEW - HIGHER EDUCATION AND SCHOLARSHIPS FAIR IN 3 CITIES - ZADAR, ZAGREB AND RIJEKA!
Institute for the Development of Education (IDE) is proud to announce that in addition to the Higher Education and Scholarships Fair in Zagreb and Rijeka, in 2017. the Fair will take place in one more University city in the spring - Zadar!
The Higher Education and Scholarships Fair organized by the Institute for the Development of Education is a unique event of national importance which presents study programmes, scholarships and other educational programmes and services available to Croatian citizens in Croatia and abroad.
It is a unique event that will in 2017 take place in three major Croatian university cities:
- the heart of Dalmatia - Zadar (May 16, 2017)
- the capital - Zagreb (October 17, 2017)
- the Adriatic coastal city - Rijeka (October 19, 2017)
The Institute for the Development of Education (IDE) has organized the Fair every year since 2005 and the Fair is now widely recognized both in Croatia and Southeast Europe as a high-profile, not-for-profit educational event.
Higher Education and Scholarships Fair in an non-profit event. All funds remaining after the costs of the Fair are covered (from exhibitor fees, donations, sponsorships, advertising) are used to achieve the goals and conduct activities of the organization Institute for the Development of Education, in accordance with Articles 6 and 7 of the Articles of Association of IDE.
Since its launch, numerous international exhibitors have chosen the Fair every year as the best outreach mechanism to target students from Croatia and Southeast Europe. Every year at the Fair, educational programmes and financial aid options are presented by Croatian and international universities, state institutions, embassies and foreign cultural centers, private companies, foundations and non-profit organizations. The Fair’s visitors and target groups include high-school students, undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate students, as well as young professionals searching for degree and non-degree programs and financial aid to pursue their academic and professional development. More information on exhibitor options and registrations are available at: http://www.stipendije.info/en/fair/exhibitors
The Fair is intended for all those interested in scholarships and other forms of financial aid for study, especially high school students preparing for study, students at all levels of study and young professionals interested in achieving their educational goals in Croatia and abroad.
Video of the Higher Education and Scholarships Fair
View a short video on the 10th anniversary of the Higher Education and Scholarships Fair which was held in October 2014.
The following links lead to information on the results of all the Fairs held so far containing programmes, photos, reports, media clippings, etc.
- Higher Education and Scholarships Fair 2016
- Higher Education and Scholarships Fair 2015
- Higher Education and Scholarships Fair 2014
- Higher Education and Scholarships Fair 2013
- Scholarships and Educational Programmes Fair 2012
- Scholarships and Educational Programmes Fair 2011
- Scholarships Fair 2010
- Scholarships Fair 2009
- Scholarships Fair 2008
- Scholarships Fair 2007
Results and statistics 2016
The document contains an overview of the Higher Education and Scholarships Fair 2016 results presented through statistical data gathered from the exhibitors and visitors at the Fair and through the evaluation of specific Fair activities.
Download document (pdf)